History and main definitions
Till 2004 the sanitary control functions over Russia were carried out by Gossanepidnadzor. The basic document confirming conformity of the products to local sanitary requirements was Sanitary and Epidemiologic Conclusion usually named the Hygienic Certificate. The restructuring of executive federal authorities ordered by the presidential Decree n° 314 from 09/03/2004 has given a birth to the new unit of the sanitary control Rospotrebnadzor which is being under trusteeship of the Ministry of the protection of health and social development. As a result, the delivery of the Hygienic certificates was put under the supervision of Rospotrebnadzor. In 2009, as part of the creation of the Customs Union and by way of the first step for the standardization of border requirements, the Sanitary control in common health requirements was set up in the three countries-members: Russia, Byelarus and Kazakhstan by the Decree N ° 299 of 28 / 05 / 2010 of the Commission of the Customs Union.
Thus the Hygienic certificate has ceased to exist. The Russian national Hygienic certificates issued before 01/07/2010, remain valid until 01/01/2012, only in the territory of the Russian Federation.
This last Decree in force since 01/07/2010 separates products in three groups:
- products requiring the getting of Sanitary Expertise,
- products subjected to the Sanitary control in the form of Recording,
- and products exempt from the Control.
See the chapter "State Registration & Sanitary Expert Report"
- Presidential Decree n ° 314 of the 09/03/2004 on the restructuring of executive federal authorities
- Download « the Decree N ° 299 of the Commission of the Customs Union of 28/05/2010 » in Russian language