What document do you need?
Direct your search: consult our tool “GUIDELINES”
Technical Regulation EAEU TR 041/2017 on Safety of Chemical Products: history and main definitions
Technical Regulation EAEU TR 041/2017 on Safety of Chemical Products adopted in the framework of the Eurasian Union between Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kirghizstan and Russia by the Decree No. 19 of March 3, 2017 of the Eurasian Economic Commission is planned to come into force in the coming years.
Scope and relevant products
This technical regulation of the Eurasian Union applies to all chemical products put into circulation in the customs territory of the Union, except for:
- Chemical products intended for research work and (or) being the result of research and (or) development work
- Minerals in the state of occurrence
- Medicines and veterinary medicines
- Perfumery and cosmetic products
- Chemical products that are a source of ionizing radiation (including the waste of such products)
- Food products, including biologically active food supplements and food additives, as well as prepared animal feed
- Products in the composition of articles that, in the process of circulation in the customs territory of the Eurasian Economic Union, do not change their chemical composition and state of aggregation, are not subject to degradation and oxidation processes, and do not form dust, vapors and aerosols containing chemical substances that pose a danger to life and human health, life and health of animals and plants, environment, property
- Waste production and consumption of chemical products, if they are subject to disposal (recycling)
- Chemical products subject to the customs transit procedure through the customs territory of the Eurasian Economic Union
This technical regulation also sets out rules and forms for assessing their conformity, identification rules, requirements for terminology, labeling and rules for its application.
Prior to launching chemical products onto the market, the manufacturer / representative should:
- comply with the basic health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulation EAEU TR 041/2017
- apply procedures for conformity assessment
- obtain conformity documents and make sure that the latter is included in products
- make sure that every product’s packaging bear the EAC mark
In practice, any products coming onto the Eurasian Union markets (sales outlets and commissioning sites) after customs clearance should include originals / certified copies of conformity documents.
We offer solutions for:
- obtaining EAC registration
- advising on product labeling, and on documents required for EAC registration
- organizing and supporting on-site inspections at the point of production by authorized experts
- testing and analyzing your products in authorized laboratories
- developing specifications and reference systems for voluntary certification
- monitoring of sector-specific regulations
- monitoring of regulations to pre-ensure that your products conform with all the imposed requirements, for example, prospective analysis of serial production
- providing applicable regulatory documents for your products (translation and comments by our experts)
- consulting regarding the regulatory risk management
All packaging destined for the chemical products, which have successfully undergone the procedure of conformity assessment and EAC registration according to EAEU TR 041/2017, must bear the single conformity mark "EAC". Furthermore, the marking of the chemical products must contain the following information:
- designation and field of application of the chemical products
- Name, location (address of the legal entity), including the country, and telephone number of the manufacturer (person authorized by the manufacturer), importer of the chemical products
- Name of chemical substances and mixtures classified as hazardous and contained in chemical products in amounts exceeding the concentration values specified in the standards included in the list of international and regional (interstate) standards
- storage conditions and manufacturer's warranty obligations (shelf life, shelf life, etc.)
Conformity Marking EAC
The conformity mark "EAC" (EurAsian Conformity) consists of an acronym. It means that the products certified are compliant with the essential health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulations of the Eurasian Union.
Chemical products, which have successfully undergone the procedure of conformity assessment according to EAEU TR 041/2017 have to bear the single conformity mark "EAC". It should be placed either on products’ package or should products contain only transport package – on the documents accompanying the products or on the transport package/its tag.
Download the Decree No. 19 issued by the Eurasian Union Commission on March 3, 2017 (in Russian) regarding the Technical Regulation EAEU TR 041/2017 on safety of chemical products.
The text in English and/or French of the Technical Regulation EAEU TR 041/2017 on safety of chemical products with comments of CCIS-EXPERTISE experts is available in our e-shop.