Technical Regulation CU TR 027/2012 on safety of certain types of specialized food products: main definitions
Technical Regulation CU TR 027/2012 on safety of certain types of specialized food products including products for dietary therapy and protective diet adopted in the framework of the Customs Union between Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan by the Decree No. 34 of June 15, 2012 of the Commission of the Customs Union came into force on July 01, 2013.
Scope and relevant products
CU TR 027/2012 establishes requirements for:
- specialized food products for sportsmen and pregnant women
- food products for dietary therapy and protective diet, including baby foods
The requirements of CU TR 027/2012 do not apply to food products:
- food products destined for baby foods with the exception of baby foods for dietary therapy and protective diet
- food products manufactured by catering enterprises
- mineral natural and medical water with mineralization superior to 1 mg/dm3
- biologically active additives
Prior to launching specialized food products for dietary therapy and protective diet onto the Customs Union market, the manufacturer / representative should:
- comply with the basic health and safety requirements mentioned in the Technical Regulation CU TR 027/2012
- apply procedures for conformity assessment
- obtain conformity documents, as well as make sure that the latter are included to the products
- make sure that products bear the EAC mark
In practice, any products coming onto the Customs Union markets (sales outlets and commissioning sites) after customs clearance should include originals / certified copies of conformity documents.
We offer solutions for:
- obtaining documents of conformity or registration of type;
- advising on product labeling and on documents required for issuing documents of conformity;
- organizing and supporting on-site inspections at the point of production by authorized experts;
- testing and analyzing your products in authorized laboratories;
- developing specifications and reference systems for voluntary certification;
- monitoring of sector-specific regulations
- monitoring of regulations: to pre-ensure that your products conform to all imposed requirements. for example: prediction analysis of serial production
- providing applicable regulatory documents for your products (translation and comments by our experts)
- consulting in terms of regulatory risk management
Conformity Marking EAC
The conformity mark "EAC" (EurAsian Conformity) consists of an acronym. It means that the products certified are compliant with the essential health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulations of the Customs Union.
All specialized food products for dietary therapy and protective diet, which have successfully undergone the procedure of conformity assessment according to CU TR 027/2012, have to bear the single conformity mark "EAC". It should be placed either on products’ package or should products not contain package – on the documents accompanying the products.
Download the Decree No. 34 issued by the Customs Union Commission on June 15, 2012 (in Russian) regarding the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union CU TR 027/2012 on safety of certain types of specialized food products.
The text in English and/or French of the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union CU TR 027/2012 on safety of certain types of specialized food products with comments of CCIS-EXPERTISE experts is available in our e-shop.