What document do you need?
Direct your search: consult our tool “GUIDELINES”
Technical Regulation EAEU TR 040/2016 on safety of fish and fish products: history and main definitions
Technical Regulation EAEU TR 040/2016 on safety of fish and fish products adopted in the framework of the Eurasian Union between Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kirghizstan and Russia by the Decree No. 162 of October 18, 2016 of the Eurasian Economic Commission came into force on September 1, 2017.
Scope and relevant products
This technical regulation of the Eurasian Union applies to:
- food fish products derived from catches of aquatic biological resources and aquaculture, of vegetable and animal origin, in a processed or unprocessed form
- manufacturing, storage, transportation, marketing and disposal processes of fish and fish products
This technical regulation of the Eurasian Union does not apply to:
- procedures for cultivating fish, water non-spine creatures, water mammals, as well as to seaweed and other water animals
- specialized fish products, excluding fish products destined for children
- food additives containing fish
- fish products obtained by households and others
Prior to launching fish and fish products onto the market, the manufacturer / representative should:
- comply with the basic health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulation EAEU TR 040/2016
- apply procedures for conformity assessment
- obtain conformity documents (Declaration of Conformity, Sanitary Expertise) and make sure that the latter is included in products
- make sure that every products’ packaging bear the EAC mark
In practice, any products coming onto the Eurasian Union markets (sales outlets and commissioning sites) after customs clearance should include originals / certified copies of conformity documents.
We offer solutions for:
- obtaining EAC registration
- advising on product labeling, and on documents required for EAC registration
- organizing and supporting on-site inspections at the point of production by authorized experts
- testing and analyzing your products in authorized laboratories
- developing specifications and reference systems for voluntary certification
- monitoring of sector-specific regulations
- monitoring of regulations to pre-ensure that your products conform with all the imposed requirements, for example, prospective analysis of serial production
- providing applicable regulatory documents for your products (translation and comments by our experts)
- consulting regarding the regulatory risk management
Labeling of fish and fish products must comply with the requirements of the technical regulations of the Customs Union " Food Products in Part of Its Labeling " (EAEU TR 022/2011) and contain information on:
- name of fish products
- information on the area of extraction or aquaculture facilities
- composition of fish products
- name and location of the manufacturer
- name and location of the importer
- date of production
Conformity Marking EAC
The conformity mark "EAC" (EurAsian Conformity) consists of an acronym. It means that the products certified are compliant with the essential health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulations of the Eurasian Union.
All fish and fish products, which have successfully undergone the procedure of conformity assessment and EAC registration according to EAEU TR 040/2016 have to bear the single conformity mark "EAC". It should be placed either on products’ package or should products contain only transport package – on the documents accompanying the products or on the transport package/its tag.
Download the Decree No. 162 issued by the Eurasian Union Commission on October 18, 2016 (in Russian) regarding the Technical Regulation EAEU TR on safety of fish and fish products.
The text in English and/or French of the Technical Regulation EAEU TR 040/2016 on safety of fish and fish products with comments of CCIS-EXPERTISE experts is available in our e-shop.