Technical Regulation CU TR 006/2011 on safety of pyrotechnic products: main definitions
Technical Regulation CU TR 006/2011 on safety of pyrotechnic products adopted in the framework of the Customs Union between Russia, Belorussia and Kazakhstan (currently Eurasian Economic Union) by the Decree No. 770 of August 16, 2011 of the Commission of the Customs Union came into force on July 01, 2012.
Scope and relevant products
This technical regulation of the Customs Union (currently Eurasian Economic Union) applies to the following pyrotechnic products:
- pyrotechnic products destined for household and industrial use;
- igniting fuses and pyrotechnic matches;
- pyrotechnic products destined for education, leisure activities and tourism;
- signaling and lighting pyrotechnic products;
- pyrotechnic products destined for changing weather;
- pyrotechnic products destined for fire extinguishing and fire alarms, etc.
Prior to launching fireworks and pyrotechnic products onto the market, the manufacturer / representative should:
- comply with the basic health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulation CU TR 006/2011
- apply procedures for conformity assessment
- obtain a certificate / declaration of conformity and make sure that the latter is included in products
- make sure that products bear the EAC mark
In practice, any products coming onto the Customs Union markets (sales outlets and commissioning sites) after customs clearance should include originals / certified copies of certificates/declarations of conformity.
We offer solutions for:
- obtaining certificates/declarations of conformity;
- taking advice on product labeling, and on documents required for issuing certificates/declarations of conformity;
- organizing and supporting on-site inspections at the point of production by authorized experts;
- testing and analyzing your products in authorized laboratories;
- developing specifications and reference systems for voluntary certification;
- monitoring of sector-specific regulations
- monitoring of regulations to pre-ensure that your products conform with all the imposed requirements, for example, prospective analysis of serial production
- providing applicable regulatory documents for your products (translation and comments by our experts)
- consulting regarding the regulatory risk management
Conformity Marking EAC
Fireworks and pyrotechnic products for which the conformity documents in compliance with CU TR 006/2011 were obtained have to be marked "EAC" before their launch on the market. Every product, as well as their user manuals, must be marked with the conformity sign "EAC". It is possible to put the conformity sign "EAC" on the product packaging in case it is impossible to mark the product.
Download the Decree No.770 issued by the Customs Union Commission on August 16, 2011 (in Russian) regarding the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union CU TR 006/2011 on safety of pyrotechnic products.
The text in English and/or French of the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union CU TR 006/2011 on safety of pyrotechnic products with comments of CCIS-EXPERTISE experts is available in our e-shop.