Technical Regulation CU TR 035/2014 on safety of tobacco: main definitions
Technical Regulation CU TR 035/2014 on safety of tobacco adopted in the framework of the Customs Union between Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan by the Decree No. 107 of November 12, 2014 of the Commission of the Customs Union came into force on May 15, 2016.
Scope and relevant products
This technical regulation of the Customs Union applies to:
- tobacco products imported onto the territory of the Eurasian Economic Union (previously - Customs Union)
- equirements to the labelling of tobacco products
This technical regulation of the Customs Union does not apply to:
- tobacco samples imported by producers and/or importers (distributors) and destined for quality and safety control, for measurements according to international standards, for comparative testing carried out among laboratories, etc.
- tobacco samples imported by organizers and/or participants of exhibitions and representing exhibits
- tobacco products exported according to external commercial contracts
- non-smoking tobacco products (products for sucking, chewing, sniffing)
Prior to launching labels for tobacco onto the market, the manufacturer / representative should:
- comply with the basic health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulation CU TR 035/2014
- apply procedures for conformity assessment
- obtain conformity documents and make sure that the latter is included in products
- make sure that products bear the EAC mark
In practice, any products coming onto the Customs Union markets (sales outlets and commissioning sites) after customs clearance should include originals / certified copies of declarations of conformity.
We offer solutions for:
- obtaining certificates/declarations of conformity
- advising on product labeling, and on documents required for issuing certificates/declarations of conformity
- organizing and supporting on-site inspections at the point of production by authorized experts
- testing and analyzing your products in authorized laboratories
- developing specifications and reference systems for voluntary certification
- monitoring of sector-specific regulations
- monitoring of regulations to pre-ensure that your products conform with all the imposed requirements, for example, prospective analysis of serial production
- providing applicable regulatory documents for your products (translation and comments by our experts)
- consulting regarding the regulatory risk management
Conformity Marking EAC
The conformity mark "EAC" (EurAsian Conformity) consists of an acronym. It means that the products certified are compliant with the essential health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulations of the Customs Union.
All tobacco products, which have successfully undergone the procedure of conformity assessment according to CU TR 035/2014, have to bear the single conformity mark "EAC". It should be indicated on the consumer packaging (insert sheet).
Download the Decree No. 107 issued by the Customs Union Commission on November 12, 2014 (in Russian) regarding the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union CU TR 035/2014 on safety of tobacco.
The text in English and/or French of the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union CU TR 035/2014 on safety of tobacco with comments of CCIS-Expertise experts is available in our e-shop.