Technical Regulation CU TR 014/2011 on road safety: main definitions
Technical Regulation CU TR 014/2011 on road safety adopted in the framework of the Customs Union between Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan (currently Eurasian Economic Union) by the Decree No. 827 of October 18, 2011 of the Commission of the Customs Union came into force on February 15, 2015.
Scope and relevant products
This technical regulation of the Customs Union (currently Eurasian Economic Union) applies to roads, which presuppose:
- A) roads in construction, reconstruction, general maintenance and exploitation, as well as construction works on roads (maintenance stations, etc.)
- B) means of road engineering.
Prior to launching the products/equipment connected with road safety onto the market, the manufacturer / representative should:
- comply with the basic health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulation CU TR 014/2011
- apply procedures for conformity assessment
- obtain a certificate / declaration of conformity and make sure that the latter is included in products
- make sure that products bear the EAC mark
In practice, any products coming onto the Customs Union markets (sales outlets and commissioning sites) after customs clearance should include originals / certified copies of certificates/declarations of conformity.
We offer solutions for:
- obtaining certificates/declarations of conformity;
- taking advice on product labeling, and on documents required for issuing certificates/declarations of conformity;
- organizing and supporting on-site inspections at the point of production by authorized experts;
- testing and analyzing your products in authorized laboratories;
- developing specifications and reference systems for voluntary certification;
- monitoring of sector-specific regulations
- monitoring of regulations to pre-ensure that your products conform with all the imposed requirements, for example, prospective analysis of serial production
- providing applicable regulatory documents for your products (translation and comments by our experts)
- consulting regarding regulatory risk management
Conformity Marking EAC
The products /equipment/installations for which the conformity documents in compliance with CU TR 014/2011 were obtained have to be marked "EAC" before their launch on the market. Every product, as well as their user manuals, must be marked with the conformity sign "EAC". It is possible to put the conformity sign "EAC" on the product packaging in case it is impossible to mark the product.
The text in English and/or French of the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union CU TR 014/2011 on road safety with comments of CCIS-EXPERTISE experts is available in our e-shop.