Technical Regulation CU TR 025/2012 on safety of furniture: main definitions
Technical Regulation CU TR 025/2012 on safety of furniture adopted in the framework of the Customs Union between Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan by the Decree No. 32 of June 15, 2012 of the Commission of the Customs Union came into force on February 01, 2014.
Scope and relevant products
CU TR 025/2012 establishes requirements for furniture items and sets used in private and public facilities, including furniture produced on individual orders.
A detailed list of products subject to CU TR 025/2012 is indicated in Annex No. 1 of this regulation.
The requirements of CU TR 025/2012 do not apply to the following products:
- medical furniture, including operating tables, hospital beds with mechanical appliances, armchairs for dental operation chairs, etc.
- furniture destined for use on air, ground and underground transport
- antique furniture
- used and renovated furniture
- furniture samples destined for exhibitions and marketing
Prior to launching pieces of furniture onto the Customs Union market, the manufacturer / representative should:
- comply with the basic health and safety requirements mentioned in the Technical Regulation CU TR 025/2012
- apply procedures for conformity assessment
- obtain conformity documents, as well as make sure that the latter is included in products
- make sure that products bear the EAC mark
In practice, any products coming onto the Customs Union markets (sales outlets and commissioning sites) after customs clearance should include originals / certified copies of certificates of conformity.
We offer solutions for:
- obtaining documents of conformity or registration of type;
- advising on product labeling and on documents required for issuing documents of conformity;
- organizing and supporting on-site inspections at the point of production by authorized experts;
- testing and analyzing your products in authorized laboratories;
- developing specifications and reference systems for voluntary certification;
- monitoring of sector-specific regulations
- monitoring of regulations: to pre-ensure that your products conform to all imposed requirements. for example: prediction analysis of serial production
- providing applicable regulatory documents for your products (translation and comments by our experts)
- consulting in terms of regulatory risk management
Conformity Marking EAC
The conformity mark "EAC" (EurAsian Conformity) consists of an acronym. It means that the products certified are compliant with the essential health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulations of the Customs Union.
All furniture items, which have successfully undergone the procedure of conformity assessment according to the chapter 6 of CU TR 025/2012, have to bear the single conformity mark "EAC". It should be placed on an identification tag of the non-removable part of each item. It is forbidden to mark the products’ parts which can be replaced.
Finally, documents accompanying the products and their waybills also have to bear the single conformity mark "EAC".
The text in English and/or French of the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union CU TR 025/2012 on safety of furniture with comments of CCIS-EXPERTISE experts is available in our e-shop.