What document do you need?
Direct your search: consult our tool “GUIDELINES”
Technical Regulation EAEU TR 037/2016 on limiting hazardous substances in electronic devices and radio equipment: history and main definitions
Technical Regulation EAEU TR 037/2016 on limiting hazardous substances in electronic devices and radio equipment adopted in the framework of the Eurasian Union between Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kirghizstan and Russia by the Decree No. 113 of October 18, 2016 of the Commission of the Eurasian Union came into force on March 01, 2018.
Scope and relevant products
This technical regulation of the Eurasian Union applies to:
- electrical appliances and devices for household use
- electrical calculators and their peripheral devices
- electrical communication devices
- copying devices and other electrical equipment used in the office
- electrical instruments (manual machines and transportable electrical machines)
- light sources and light equipment, including equipment embedded into the furniture
- electrical musical devices and others according to Annex No. 1 to the Regulation
This technical regulation of the Eurasian Union does not apply to:
- electrical and radio devices destined for use at a nominal tension of more than 1000 V AC and 1500 DC if there are no special requirements to this type of equipment described in the Annex No. 1 to the present Technical Regulation
- electrical toys
- solar batteries being parts of electrical and radio devices
- measuring devices
- medical devices and others.
Prior to launching electronic devices and radio equipment onto the market, the manufacturer / representative should:
- comply with the basic health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulation CU TR 037/2016
- apply procedures for conformity assessment
- obtain conformity documents and make sure that the latter is included in products
- make sure that products bear the EAC mark
In practice, any products coming onto the Eurasian Union markets (sales outlets and commissioning sites) after customs clearance should include originals / certified copies of declarations of conformity.
We offer solutions for:
- obtaining EAC registration
- advising on product labeling, and on documents required for EAC registration
- organizing and supporting on-site inspections at the point of production by authorized experts
- testing and analyzing your products in authorized laboratories
- developing specifications and reference systems for voluntary certification
- monitoring of sector-specific regulations
- monitoring of regulations to pre-ensure that your products conform with all the imposed requirements, for example, prospective analysis of serial production
- providing applicable regulatory documents for your products (translation and comments by our experts)
- consulting regarding the regulatory risk management
The marking of the electronic devices and radio equipment must contain the following information:
- name and (or) designation of the product of the electrical device and radio equipment (type, brand, model)
- main parameters and characteristics
- name and/or trademark of the manufacturer
- the name of the state in which the product is manufactured
Conformity Marking EAC
The conformity mark "EAC" (EurAsian Conformity) consists of an acronym. It means that the products certified are compliant with the essential health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulations of the Eurasian Union.
All electronic devices and radio equipment, which have successfully undergone the procedure of conformity assessment and EAC registration according to CU TR 037/2016, must bear the single conformity mark "EAC". It should be indicated on the consumer packaging.
Download the Decree No. 113 issued by the Eurasian Union Commission on October 18, 2016 (in Russian) regarding the Technical Regulation of the Eurasian Union CU TR 037/2016 on limiting hazardous substances in electronic devices and radio equipment.
The text in English and/or French of the Technical Regulation of the Eurasian Union CU TR 037/2016 on limiting hazardous substances in electronic devices and radio equipment with comments of CCIS-EXPERTISE experts is available in our e-shop.