What document do you need?
Direct your search: consult our tool “GUIDELINES”
Technical Regulation EAEU TR 048/2019 on Requirements for Energy Efficiency of Power Consuming Devices: history and main definitions
Technical Regulation EAEU TR 048/2019 on Requirements for Energy Efficiency of Power Consuming Devices adopted in the framework of the Eurasian Union between Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kirghizstan and Russia by the Decree No. 114 of August 8, 2019 of the Eurasian Economic Commission is planned to come into force on September 1, 2022.
Scope and relevant products
This technical regulation of the Eurasian Union applies to power consuming devices:
- refrigeration devices
- electric asynchronous motors
- television sets and TV set-top boxes
- household and office electrical equipment
- washing machines
- electric lamps etc.
Prior to launching power consuming devices onto the market, the manufacturer / representative should:
- comply with the basic health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulation EAEU TR 048/2019
- apply procedures for conformity assessment
- obtain conformity documents and make sure that the latter is included in products
- make sure that every product’s packaging bear the EAC mark
In practice, any products coming onto the Eurasian Union markets (sales outlets and commissioning sites) after customs clearance should include originals / certified copies of conformity documents.
We offer solutions for:
- obtaining EAC registration
- advising on product labeling, and on documents required for EAC registration
- organizing and supporting on-site inspections at the point of production by authorized experts
- testing and analyzing your products in authorized laboratories
- developing specifications and reference systems for voluntary certification
- monitoring of sector-specific regulations
- monitoring of regulations to pre-ensure that your products conform with all the imposed requirements, for example, prospective analysis of serial production
- providing applicable regulatory documents for your products (translation and comments by our experts)
- consulting regarding the regulatory risk management
The marking of the power consuming devices must contain the following information:
- name and trademark (if any) of the manufacturer, model designation
- energy efficiency class of the device
- energy efficiency indicators and their nominal values
Conformity Marking EAC
The conformity mark "EAC" (EurAsian Conformity) consists of an acronym. It means that the products certified are compliant with the essential health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulations of the Eurasian Union.
The power consuming devices, which have successfully undergone the procedure of conformity assessment and EAC registration according to EAEU TR 048/2019 have to bear the single conformity mark "EAC". It should be placed either on products’ package or should products contain only transport package – on the documents accompanying the products or on the transport package/its tag.
Download the Decree No. 114 issued by the Eurasian Union Commission on August 8, 2019 (in Russian) regarding the Technical Regulation EAEU TR 048/2019 on requirements for energy efficiency of power consuming devices.
The text in English and/or French of the Technical Regulation EAEU TR 048/2019 on requirements for energy efficiency of power consuming devices with comments of CCIS-EXPERTISE experts is available in our e-shop.