What document do you need?
Direct your search: consult our tool “GUIDELINES”
Technical Regulation EAEU TR 043/2017 on requirements for fire safety and extinguishing devices: history and main definitions
Technical Regulation EAEU TR 043/2017 on requirements for fire safety and extinguishing devices adopted in the framework of the Eurasian Union between Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kirghizstan and Russia by the Decree No. 40 of June 23, 2017 of the Eurasian Economic Commission came into force on January 1, 2020.
Scope and relevant products
This technical regulation of the Eurasian Union applies to:
- fire safety and firefighting equipment designed to prevent, reduce the risk of fire, limit the development of fire and the spread of its hazards
- equipment for extinguishing fire, saving people, protection of human life and (or) health, property and the environment from fire, as well as for reducing the risk of causing harm and (or) damage due to fire
Prior to launching fire safety and extinguishing devices onto the market, the manufacturer / representative should:
- comply with the basic health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulation TR EAEU 043/2017
- apply procedures for conformity assessment
- obtain conformity documents and make sure that the latter is included in products
- make sure that every product’s packaging bear the EAC mark
In practice, any products coming onto the Eurasian Union markets (sales outlets and commissioning sites) after customs clearance should include originals / certified copies of conformity documents.
We offer solutions for:
- obtaining EAC registration
- advising on product labeling, and on documents required for EAC registration
- organizing and supporting on-site inspections at the point of production by authorized experts
- testing and analyzing your products in authorized laboratories
- developing specifications and reference systems for voluntary certification
- monitoring of sector-specific regulations
- monitoring of regulations to pre-ensure that your products conform with all the imposed requirements, for example, prospective analysis of serial production
- providing applicable regulatory documents for your products (translation and comments by our experts)
- consulting regarding the regulatory risk management
All packaging destined for the fire safety and extinguishing devices, which have successfully undergone the procedure of conformity assessment according to EAEU TR 043/2017, must bear the single conformity mark "EAC". Furthermore, the marking of the fire safety and extinguishing devices must contain the following information:
- name, type (kind), model
- purpose, main technical parameters and characteristics
- trademark and (or) the name of the manufacturer, as well as the country of manufacture
Conformity Marking EAC
The conformity mark "EAC" (EurAsian Conformity) consists of an acronym. It means that the products certified are compliant with the essential health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulations of the Eurasian Union.
Fire safety and extinguishing devices, which have successfully undergone the procedure of conformity assessment and EAC registration according to EAEU TR 043/2017 have to bear the single conformity mark "EAC". It should be placed either on products’ package or should products contain only transport package – on the documents accompanying the products or on the transport package/its tag.
Download the Decree No. 40 issued by the Eurasian Union Commission on June 23, 2017 (in Russian) regarding the Technical Regulation EAEU TR 043/2017 on safety on requirements for fire safety and extinguishing devices.
The text in English and/or French of the Technical Regulation EAEU TR 043/2017 on fire safety and extinguishing devices with comments of CCIS-EXPERTISE experts is available in our e-shop.