What document do you need?
Direct your search: consult our tool “GUIDELINES”
Technical Regulation EAEU TR 044/2017 on Safety of Bottled Water Including Natural Mineral Water: history and main definitions
Technical Regulation EAEU TR 044/2017 on Safety of Bottled Water Including Natural Mineral Water adopted in the framework of the Eurasian Union between Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kirghizstan and Russia by the Decree No. 45 of June 23, 2017 of the Eurasian Economic Commission came into force on January 1, 2019.
Scope and relevant products
This technical regulation of the Eurasian Union applies to:
- bottled drinking water related to food products put into circulation in the customs territory of the Union: natural mineral water, table natural mineral water and therapeutic natural mineral water; blended drinking water; finished drinking water; natural drinking water; drinking water for children; artificially mineralized drinking water
- processes of production, storage, transportation, sale and disposal of packaged drinking water
This technical regulation of the Eurasian Union does not apply to:
- relations connected with the geological research, use and protection of subsoil of the territories of the member states of the Union containing deposits of natural mineral water, other relations regulated by the legislation of the member states in the sphere of water use and subsoil use
- relations connected with the research, use, development and protection of natural mineral water as a natural therapeutic resource
- relations connected with the appellation of origin of packaged drinking water
- natural mineral water that is not intended for drinking
- drinking water used by authorized bodies of the member states to provide the population in case of emergencies
- drinking water used to supply the population through centralized and non-centralized water supply
Prior to launching bottled water including natural mineral water onto the market, the manufacturer / representative should:
- comply with the basic health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulation EAEU TR 044/2017
- apply procedures for conformity assessment
- obtain conformity documents and make sure that the latter is included in products
- make sure that every product’s packaging bear the EAC mark
In practice, any products coming onto the Eurasian Union markets (sales outlets and commissioning sites) after customs clearance should include originals / certified copies of conformity documents.
We offer solutions for:
- obtaining EAC registration
- advising on product labeling, and on documents required for EAC registration
- organizing and supporting on-site inspections at the point of production by authorized experts
- testing and analyzing your products in authorized laboratories
- developing specifications and reference systems for voluntary certification
- monitoring of sector-specific regulations
- monitoring of regulations to pre-ensure that your products conform with all the imposed requirements, for example, prospective analysis of serial production
- providing applicable regulatory documents for your products (translation and comments by our experts)
- consulting regarding the regulatory risk management
All packaging destined for bottled water including natural mineral water, which have successfully undergone the procedure of conformity assessment and EAC registration according to EAEU TR 044/2017, must bear the single conformity mark "EAC". Furthermore, labeling of bottled drinking water must comply with the requirements of the technical regulations of the Customs Union " Food Products in Part of Its Labeling " (TR EAEU 022/2011) and, in some cases, contain additional information:
- for table natural mineral water - "mineral natural table drinking water”
- for natural therapeutic table mineral water - "mineral natural therapeutic table drinking water"
- for therapeutic natural mineral water - "mineral natural therapeutic drinking water”
- for finished drinking water - "drinking water"
- for blended drinking water - "blended drinking water"
Conformity Marking EAC
The conformity mark "EAC" (EurAsian Conformity) consists of an acronym. It means that the products certified are compliant with the essential health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulations of the Eurasian Union.
Bottled water including natural mineral water, which have successfully undergone the procedure of conformity assessment according to EAEU TR 044/2017 have to bear the single conformity mark "EAC". It should be placed either on products’ package or should products contain only transport package – on the documents accompanying the products or on the transport package/its tag.
Download the Decree No. 45 issued by the Eurasian Union Commission on June 23, 2017 (in Russian) regarding the Technical Regulation EAEU TR 044/2017 on safety of bottled water including natural mineral water.
The text in English and/or French of the Technical Regulation EAEU TR 044/2017 on safety of bottled water including natural mineral water with comments of CCIS-EXPERTISE experts is available in our e-shop.