What document do you need?
Direct your search: consult our tool “GUIDELINES”
Technical Regulation EAEU TR 042/2017 on Safety of the Equipment for Children's Playgrounds: history and main definitions
Technical Regulation EAEU TR 042/2017 on Safety of the Equipment for Children's Playgrounds adopted in the framework of the Eurasian Union between Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kirghizstan and Russia by the Decree No. 21 of May 17, 2017 of the Eurasian Economic Commission came into force on November 17, 2018.
Scope and relevant products
This technical regulation of the Eurasian Union applies to:
- Playground equipment: slide, swings, seesaw, merry-go-round, rope road, playground, impact absorbing coverings: rubber, synthetic
- Sandpit, playhouse, labyrinth, shock-absorbing covers: sand, gravel, sod, crushed wood requirements
This technical regulation of the Eurasian Union doesn’t apply to:
- Equipment and (or) covering for children's playgrounds manufactured and put into operation before these technical regulations came into force
- Sports equipment and products designed for training and exercise, sports and tourism
- Attractions, which are subject to the technical regulation of the Eurasian Economic Union "On the safety of attractions" (TR EAEU 038/2016)
Prior to launching the equipment for children's playgrounds onto the market, the manufacturer / representative should:
- comply with the basic health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulation EAEU TR 042/2017
- apply procedures for conformity assessment
- obtain conformity documents and make sure that the latter is included in products
- make sure that every products’ packaging bear the EAC mark
In practice, any products coming onto the Eurasian Union markets (sales outlets and commissioning sites) after customs clearance should include originals / certified copies of conformity documents.
We offer solutions for:
- obtaining of EAC registration
- advising on product labeling, and on documents required for EAC registration
- organizing and supporting on-site inspections at the point of production by authorized experts
- testing and analyzing your products in authorized laboratories
- developing specifications and reference systems for voluntary certification
- monitoring of sector-specific regulations
- monitoring of regulations to pre-ensure that your products conform with all the imposed requirements, for example, prospective analysis of serial production
- providing applicable regulatory documents for your products (translation and comments by our experts)
- consulting regarding the regulatory risk management
Conformity Marking EAC
The conformity mark "EAC" (EurAsian Conformity) consists of an acronym. It means that the products certified are compliant with the essential health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulations of the Eurasian Union.
The equipment for children's playgrounds, which have successfully undergone the procedure of conformity assessment and EAC registration according to EAEU TR 042/2017 have to bear the single conformity mark "EAC". It should be placed either on products’ package or should products contain only transport package – on the documents accompanying the products or on the transport package/its tag.
Download the Decree No. 21 issued by the Eurasian Union Commission on May 17, 2017 (in Russian) regarding the Technical Regulation EAEU TR 042/2017 on safety of equipment for children's playgrounds.
The text in English and/or French of the Technical Regulation EAEU TR 042/2017 on safety of equipment for children's playgrounds with comments of CCIS-EXPERTISE experts is available in our e-shop.