Technical Regulation CU TR 028/2012 on safety of explosives and products on their basis: main definitions
Technical Regulation CU TR 028/2012 on safety of explosives and products on their basis adopted in the framework of the Customs Union between Russia, Belorussia and Kazakhstan by the Decree No. 57 of July 20, 2012 of the Commission of the Customs Union came into force on July 01, 2014.
Scope and relevant products
This technical regulation of the Customs Union (currently Eurasian Economic Union) applies to the following:
- explosives and products on their basis, which are developed for industrial purposes in order to use the explosion energy
- emulsions and oxidant matrices on the basis of ammonium nitrate developed in order to receive water-emulsion and water-helium explosives
This technical regulation does not apply to:
- explosives and products on their basis, which are considered military products
- pyrotechnic products
Prior to launching explosives and products on their basis onto the market, the manufacturer / representative should:
- comply with the basic health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulation CU TR 028/2012
- apply procedures for conformity assessment
- obtain a certificate / declaration of conformity and make sure that the latter is included in products
- make sure that products bear the EAC mark
In practice, any products coming onto the Customs Union markets (sales outlets and commissioning sites) after customs clearance should include originals / certified copies of certificates/declarations of conformity.
We offer solutions for:
- obtaining certificates/declarations of conformity;
- taking advice on product labeling, and on documents required for issuing certificates/declarations of conformity;
- organizing and supporting on-site inspections at the point of production by authorized experts;
- testing and analyzing your products in authorized laboratories;
- developing specifications and reference systems for voluntary certification;
- monitoring of sector-specific regulations
- monitoring of regulations to pre-ensure that your products conform with all the imposed requirements, for example, prospective analysis of serial production
- providing applicable regulatory documents for your products (translation and comments by our experts)
- consulting regarding the regulatory risk management
Conformity Marking EAC
The conformity mark "EAC" (EurAsian Conformity) consists of an acronym. It means that the products certified are compliant with the essential health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulations of the Custom Union.
Explosives and products on their basis for which the conformity documents in compliance with CU TR 028/2012 were obtained have to be marked "EAC" before their launch on the market. Every packaging of such a product must be marked with the conformity sign "EAC". In case explosives and products on their basis are produced on site where they will be used and have no packaging it is allowed to put the conformity sign wherever visibly possible.
Download the Decree No. 57 issued by the Customs Union Commission on July 20, 2012 (in Russian) regarding the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union CU TR 028/2012 on safety of explosives and products on their basis.
The text in English and/or French of the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union CU TR 028/2012 on safety of explosives and products on their basis with comments of CCIS-EXPERTISE experts is available in our e-shop.