Technical Regulation CU TR 022/2011 on labeling of food products: main definitions
Technical Regulation CU TR 022/2011 on labeling of food products adopted in the framework of the Customs Union between Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan by the Decree No. 881 of December 09, 2011 of the Commission of the Customs Union came into force on July 01, 2013.
Scope and relevant products
This technical regulation of the Customs Union applies to the labeling of the food products circulating on the territory of the Customs Union (currently Eurasian Economic Union).
Prior to launching labels for food products onto the market, the manufacturer / representative should:
- comply with the basic health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulation CU TR 022/2011
- apply procedures for conformity assessment
- obtain a certificate / declaration of conformity and make sure that the latter is included in products
- make sure that products bear the EAC mark
In practice, any products coming onto the Customs Union markets (sales outlets and commissioning sites) after customs clearance should include originals / certified copies of certificates/declarations of conformity.
We offer solutions for:
- obtaining certificates/declarations of conformity
- advising on product labeling, and on documents required for issuing certificates/declarations of conformity
- organizing and supporting on-site inspections at the point of production by authorized experts
- testing and analyzing your products in authorized laboratories
- developing specifications and reference systems for voluntary certification
- monitoring of sector-specific regulations
- monitoring of regulations to pre-ensure that your products conform with all the imposed requirements, for example, prospective analysis of serial production
- providing applicable regulatory documents for your products (translation and comments by our experts)
- consulting regarding the regulatory risk management
Conformity Marking EAC
The labels of food products for which conformity documents according to CU TR 022/2011 were obtained have to contain the conformity mark "EAC" before their launch on the market.
The conformity mark "EAC" (EurAsian Conformity) consists of an acronym. It means that the products certified are compliant with the essential health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulations of the Customs Union.
Download the Decree No. 881 issued by the Customs Union Commission on December 09, 2011 (in Russian) regarding the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union CU TR 022/2011 on labeling of food products.
The text in English and/or French of the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union CU TR 022/2011 on labeling of food products with comments of CCIS-EXPERTISE experts is available in our e-shop.