On 20th December 2022, the European Commission published the Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2022/2508 of 9 December 2022 establishing the best available techniques (BAT) conclusions, under Directive 2010/75/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council on industrial emissions, for the textiles industry (notified under document C(2022) 8984)
The BAT conclusions also cover the following:
- dry cleaning;
- fabric production;
- wool carbonising;
- wool fulling;
- spinning of fibres (other than man-made fibres);
- washing or rinsing associated with dyeing, printing or finishing.
These BAT conclusions do not cover the following:
- Coating and lamination with an organic solvent consumption capacity of more than 150 kg per hour or more than 200 tonnes per year. These are covered by the BAT conclusions on surface treatment using organic solvents including preservation of wood and wood products with chemicals (STS).
- Production of man-made fibres and yarns. This may be covered by BAT conclusions covering the sector of polymers production.
- Unhairing of hides and skins. This may be covered by the BAT conclusions for the tanning of hides and skins (TAN).