On November 10, 2019, the decision of the Board of the Eurasian economic Commission (EEC) No. 170 of October 8, 2019 came into force, which adopted the list of goods subject to mandatory assessment of compliance with the requirements of the EAEU TR 043/2017 "on requirements for fire safety and fire extinguishing means".
The nomenclature includes 104 items by product name, which is divided into 19 sections. For each name a group of EEU HS codes is specified.
Fire extinguishing equipment, depending on its type and purpose, falls under the registration of a certificate or declaration of conformity.
For example, mandatory certification is applicable for the following products:
- fire extinguishing powders;
- fire protection equipment;
- molded electrical products;
- tools that function as part of fire automation systems (fire alarm systems, fire notification systems, warning systems and fire evacuation management);
- various modules of automatic fire extinguishing systems, etc.
The Declaration is registered before the following products are put into circulation
- rescue ropes;
- fire carabiners;
- hydraulic elevator;
- mobile fire-fighting equipment;
- drainage valves for water and foam fire extinguishing systems;
- taps for water and foam fire extinguishing systems, etc.
The EAEU TR 043/2017 enters into force on January 1, 2020. The Approved list will help to clearly identify products that require conformity documents.