Starting from January 17, 2017, the draft program for the elaboration / revision of the standards necessary to ensure compliance with the Technical Regulations of the Customs Union "On the safety of low-voltage equipment" (CU TR 004/2011) is in public discussion.
The program to elaborate state standards for CU TR 004/2011 was approved by the Council of the Eurasian Economic Commission No. 295 of December 25, 2012.
Over the next 3 years it is planned to elaborate 363 standards:
267 standards will be based on international standards (ISO, EN, IEC);
72 standards will be modified and 24 standards will written on the basis of the national standards of the Member States of the Eurasian Economic Union.
The program will be finalised by the including of state standards (GOSTs) on requirements and test methods of the required level:
- Protection against direct or indirect exposure to electric current;
- Protection against injuries due to the fixed parts and the rotation of the equipment;
- Protection against non-electrical hazards arising from the use of the equipment (physical, chemical, biological factors);
- Protection of insulation;
- Protection against the occurrence of high temperatures, arcs or radiation, which can lead to risks;
- Electrical mechanics and endurance, etc.
The public debate is scheduled for February 6, 2017.