Technical Regulations CU TR 016/2011 on the safety of apparatuses working on gaseous fuel - certification and declaration of conformity
Technical Regulation CU TR 016/2011 on safety of devices working on gaseous fuel: main definitions
Technical Regulation CU TR 016/2011 on safety of devices working on gaseous fuel adopted in the framework of the Customs Union between Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan by the Decree No. 875 of December 09, 2011 of the Commission of the Customs Union came into force on February 15, 2013.
Scope and relevant products
CU TR 016/2011 establishes requirements for:
- wheeled vehicles of categories L, M, N and O are designed for use on public roads (hereinafter - the vehicles);
- components of vehicles that have an impact on the safety of vehicles
A detailed list of products subject to CU TR 016/2011 is indicated in Annex No. 1 of this regulation.
The action of CU TR 016/2011 shall not apply to vehicles:
- having a maximum speed of not more than 25 km / h;
- intended exclusively for participation in competitive sports;
- categories L and M1, since the release date of which have passed 30 or more years, as well as categories M2, M3 and N, not intended for commercial transportation of passengers and cargo, since the release date of which have passed 50 or more years, with the original engine, carbody and if available - frame, stored or restored to its original condition;
- imported into the common customs territory of the Customs Union (currently Eurasian Economic Union) for a period not exceeding 6 months, and placed under the customs regimes that do not allow expropriation;
- imported into the common customs territory of the Customs Union (currently Eurasian Economic Union) as personal property by individuals who are members of national government programs aimed at assisting the voluntary resettlement of persons residing abroad, or recognized in the prescribed manner as refugees or internally displaced persons;
- belonging to the diplomatic and consular missions, international (intergovernmental) organizations, who possess privileges and immunities in accordance with the generally recognized principles and norms of the international law, as well as staff of these offices (organizations) and their families;
- off-road heavy-duty vehicles, etc.
Prior to launching vehicles and their components onto the Customs Union market, the manufacturer / representative should:
- comply with the basic health and safety requirements mentioned in the Technical Regulation CU TR 016/2011)
- apply procedures for conformity assessment
- obtain conformity documents: certificate of conformity or register the type of vehicle or chassis, as well as make sure that the latter is included in products
- make sure that products bear the EAC mark
In practice, any products coming onto the Customs Union markets (sales outlets and commissioning sites) after customs clearance should include originals / certified copies of certificates of conformity.
We offer solutions for:
- obtaining documents of conformity or registration of type;
- advising on product labeling, and on documents required for issuing documents of conformity;
- organizing and supporting on-site inspections at the point of production by authorized experts;
- testing and analyzing your products at the authorized laboratories;
- developing specifications and reference systems for voluntary certification;
- monitoring of sector-specific regulations
- monitoring of regulations: to pre-ensure that your products conform to all imposed requirements. for example: prediction analysis of serial production
- providing applicable regulatory documents for your products (translation and comments by our experts)
- consulting in terms of regulatory risk management
Conformity Marking EAC
The conformity marking "EAC" (EurAsian Conformity) consists of an acronym. It means that the products certified are compliant with the essential health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulations of the Custom Union. It is possible to put the conformity sign "EAC" on the product packaging in case it is impossible to mark the product.
The text in English and/or French of the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union CU TR 016/2011 on safety of devices working on gaseous fuel with comments of CCIS-EXPERTISE experts is available in our e-shop.