CU TR 033/2013 "Safety of milk and dairy products" - certification and declaration of conformity
Technical Regulation CU TR 033/2013 on safety of milk and dairy products: main definitions
Technical Regulation CU TR 033/2013 on safety of milk and dairy products adopted in the framework of the Customs Union between Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan by the Decree No. 67 of October 09, 2013 of the Eurasian Economic Commission came into force on May 01, 2014.
Scope and relevant products
This technical regulation of the Customs Union applies to:
- raw milk, fat-free milk, cream
- milk products and milk elements, milk-containing products, side products left after milk processing, milk-based products for children
- milk mixtures
- mixtures of powder fermented milk
- milk-based drinks, including powder drinks
- milk-based porridges
- manufacturing, storage, transportation, marketing and disposal processes of milk and dairy products
- functional elements necessary for the production of milk conversion products
This technical regulation of the Customs Union does not apply to:
- milk-based and dairy products destined for implementation in specialized nutrition, excluding milk and dairy products for children
- culinary and confectionary products, food supplements and biologically active supplements, medicine, animal food, non-alimentary milk-based products
- milk and dairy products produced at home or in private households and destined for private use, as well as manufacturing, storage, transportation, marketing and disposal processes of such products
Prior to launching milk and dairy products onto the market, the manufacturer / representative should:
- comply with the basic health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulation CU TR 033/2013
- apply procedures for conformity assessment
- obtain conformity documents (Declaration of Conformity, State Registration Certificate, Sanitary Expertise) and make sure that the latter is included in products
- make sure that products bear the EAC mark
In practice, any products coming onto the Customs Union markets (sales outlets and commissioning sites) after customs clearance should include originals / certified copies of conformity documents.
We offer solutions for:
- obtaining conformity documents: Declaration of Conformity, State Registration Certificate for milk and dairy products for children, Sanitary Expertise for raw milk, raw fat-free milk and raw cream
- advising on product labeling, and on documents required for issuing certificates/declarations of conformity
- organizing and supporting on-site inspections at the point of production by authorized experts
- testing and analyzing your products in authorized laboratories
- developing specifications and reference systems for voluntary certification
- monitoring of sector-specific regulations
- monitoring of regulations to pre-ensure that your products conform with all the imposed requirements, for example, prospective analysis of serial production
- providing applicable regulatory documents for your products (translation and comments by our experts)
- consulting regarding the regulatory risk management
Conformity Marking EAC
The conformity mark "EAC" (EurAsian Conformity) consists of an acronym. It means that the products certified are compliant with the essential health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulations of the Customs Union.
All milk and dairy products, which have successfully undergone the procedure of conformity assessment according to CU TR 033/2013, have to bear the single conformity mark "EAC". It should be placed either on products’ package or should products not contain package – on the documents accompanying the products.
Legal entities or private persons who are registered as individual entrepreneurs carry out the marking of raw milk and raw dairy products and include the conformity mark into the documents accompanying the products.
Download the Decree No. 67 issued by the Customs Union Commission on October 09, 2013 (in Russian) regarding the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union CU TR 033/2013 on safety of milk and dairy products.
The text in English and/or French of the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union CU TR 033/2013 on safety of milk and dairy products with comments of CCIS-Expertise experts is available in our e-shop.