CU TR 021/2011 "Safety of foodstuffs" - certification and declaration of conformity
Technical Regulation CU TR 021/2011 on safety of food products: main definitions
Technical Regulation CU TR 021/2011 on safety of food products adopted in the framework of the Customs Union between Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan by the Decree No. 880 of December 09, 2011 of the Commission of the Customs Union came into force on July 01, 2013.
Scope and relevant products
This technical regulation of the Customs Union applies to:
- food products
- requirements associated with manufacturing, storage, transportation, marketing and disposal processes of food products
This technical regulation of the Customs Union does not apply to:
- food products produced by citizens at home, on private farms or by citizens involved in gardening, horticulture, animal husbandry
- requirements associated with manufacturing, storage, transportation, marketing and disposal processes of food products intended only for personal use and not intended for putting into circulation on the territory of the Customs Union (currently Eurasian Economic Union)
- the cultivation of crops and animals in the wild
Prior to launching labels for food products onto the market, the manufacturer / representative should:
- comply with the basic health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulation CU TR 021/2011
- apply procedures for conformity assessment
- obtain a certificate / declaration of conformity and make sure that the latter is included in products
- make sure that products bear the EAC mark
In practice, any products coming onto the Customs Union markets (sales outlets and commissioning sites) after customs clearance should include originals / certified copies of certificates/declarations of conformity.
We offer solutions for:
- obtaining certificates/declarations of conformity
- advising on product labeling, and on documents required for issuing certificates/declarations of conformity
- organizing and supporting on-site inspections at the point of production by authorized experts
- testing and analyzing your products in authorized laboratories
- developing specifications and reference systems for voluntary certification
- monitoring of sector-specific regulations
- monitoring of regulations to pre-ensure that your products conform with all the imposed requirements, for example, prospective analysis of serial production
- providing applicable regulatory documents for your products (translation and comments by our experts)
- consulting regarding the regulatory risk management
Conformity Marking EAC
The conformity mark "EAC" (EurAsian Conformity) consists of an acronym. It means that the products certified are compliant with the essential health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulations of the Customs Union.
All food products, which have successfully undergone the procedure of conformity assessment according to CU TR 021/2011, have to bear the single conformity mark "EAC". It should be placed either on products’ package or should products not contain package – on the documents accompanying the products.
The text in English and/or French of the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union CU TR 021/2011 on safety of food products with comments of CCIS-EXPERTISE experts is available in our e-shop.