CU TR 003/2011 "Safety of railway transport infrastructure" - certification and declaration of conformity
Technical Regulation CU TR 003/2011 on the safety of railway transport infrastructure: main definitions
Technical Regulation CU TR 003/2011 on the safety of railway transport infrastructure adopted in the framework of the Customs Union between Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan (currently Eurasian Economic Union) by the Decree No. 771 of July 15, 2011 of the Commission of the Customs Union came into force on July 15, 2014.
Scope and relevant products
This technical regulation of the Customs Union (currently Eurasian Economic Union) applies to the railway transport infrastructure, which includes:
- A) the subsystem of the high-speed railway transport infrastructure (railroad tracks, railroad power supply, automatic and remotely operated railroads, electric communication, constructions and installations of stations)
- B) the components of the subsystem of the high-speed railway transport infrastructure (the detailed list of these components is mentioned in the Annex No. 1 of the Technical Regulation).
Prior to launching the products equipment of the railway transport infrastructure onto the market, the manufacturer / representative should:
- comply with the basic health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulation CU TR 003/2011
- apply procedures for conformity assessment
- obtain a certificate / declaration of conformity and make sure that the latter is included in products
- make sure that products bear the EAC mark
In practice, any products coming onto the Customs Union markets (sales outlets and commissioning sites) after customs clearance should include originals / certified copies of certificates /declarations of conformity.
We offer solutions for:
- obtaining certificates/declarations of conformity;
- taking advice on product labeling, and on documents required for issuing certificates/declarations of conformity;
- organizing and supporting on-site inspections at the point of production by authorized experts;
- testing and analyzing your products in authorized laboratories;
- developing specifications and reference systems for voluntary certification;
- monitoring of sector-specific regulations
- monitoring of regulations to pre-ensure that your products conform with all the imposed requirements, for example, prospective analysis of serial production
- providing applicable regulatory documents for your products (translation and comments by our experts)
- consulting regarding the regulatory risk management
Conformity Marking EAC
The products /equipment/installations for which the documents of conformity concerning CU TR 003/2011 were obtained have to be marked "EAC" before their launch on the market. Every product/equipment/installation, as well as their user manuals, must be marked with the conformity sign "EAC". It is possible to put the conformity sign "EAC" on the product packaging in case it is impossible to mark the product.
Download the Decree No. 771 issued by the Customs Union Commission on July 15, 2011 (in Russian) regarding the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union CU TR 003/2011 on safety of railway transport infrastructure.
The text in English and/or French of the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union CU TR 003/2011 on safety of railway transport infrastructure with comments of CCIS-EXPERTISE experts is available in our e-shop.