CU TR 026/2012 "Safety of small-size (pleasure) vessels" - certification and declaration of conformity
Technical Regulation CU TR 026/2012 on the safety of small size (leisure) vessels: main definitions
Technical Regulation CU TR 026/2012 on the safety of small size (leisure) vessels adopted in the framework of the Customs Union between Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan (currently Eurasian Economic Union) by the Decree No. 33 of June 15, 2012 of the Commission of the Customs Union came into force on February 01, 2014.
Scope and relevant products
This technical regulation of the Customs Union (currently Eurasian Economic Union) applies to the following small size (leisure) vessels:
- lifeboats destined for sea and river vessels
- sport boats including racing and practice boats
- surfboards, floating balloons and other leisure equipment used in the water
- surfboards with engines and other similar devices with engines
- experimental small size vessels
- airbag vessels and vessels with hydrofoil wings
Prior to launching small size (leisure) vessels onto the market, the manufacturer / representative should:
- comply with basic health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulation CU TR 026/2012
- apply procedures for conformity assessment
- obtain a certificate of conformity and make sure that the latter is included in products
- make sure that products bear the EAC mark
In practice, any products coming onto the Customs Union markets (sales outlets and commissioning sites) after customs clearance should include originals / certified copies of certificates/declarations of conformity.
We offer solutions for:
- obtaining certificates/declarations of conformity;
- advising on product labeling and on the type of documents required for issuing certificates/declarations of conformity;
- organizing and supporting on-site inspections at the point of production by authorized experts;
- testing and analyzing your products in authorized laboratories;
- developing specifications and reference systems for voluntary certification;
- monitoring of sector-specific regulations
- monitoring of regulations to pre-ensure that your products conform with all the imposed requirements, for example, prospective analysis of serial production
- providing applicable regulatory documents for your products (translation and comments by our experts)
- consulting regarding the regulatory risk management
Conformity Marking EAC
Small size (leisure) vessels for which conformity documents according to Chapter 7 of the CU TR 026/2012 were obtained have to be marked with the conformity sign "EAC" before their launch on the market. Every vessel, as well as their exploitation documents, must be marked with the conformity sign "EAC".
Download the Decree No. 33 issued by the Customs Union Commission on June 15, 2012 (in Russian) regarding the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union CU TR 026/2012 on the safety of small size (leisure) vessels.
The text in English and/or French of the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union CU TR 026/2012 on the safety of small size (leisure) vessels with comments of CCIS-EXPERTISE experts is available in our e-shop.