CU TR 001/2011 "Safety of railway rolling stock" - certification and declaration of conformity
Technical Regulation CU TR 001/2011 on safety of railway rolling stock: main definitions
Technical Regulation CU TR 001/2011 on the safety of railway rolling stock was adopted in the framework of the Customs Union between Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan (currently Eurasian Economic Union) by the Decree No. 710 of July 15, 2011 of the Commission of the Customs Union and came into force on July 15, 2014.
Scope and relevant products
This technical regulation of the Customs Union (currently Eurasian Economic Union) applies to the recently developed railway rolling stock and its parts destined for the use on the railroads with the width of 1520mm on the territory of the Customs Union (currently Eurasian Economic Union) with the speed of up to 200 km/hour.
The railway rolling stock includes:
2) Motorized cars, motorized trains and their cars;
3) Locomotive drives of passengers cars
4) Freight cars;
5) Special railway rolling stock.
Prior to launching the recently developed railway rolling stock and its parts onto the market of the Customs Union, the manufacturer / representative should:
- comply with the basic health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulation CU TR 001/2011
- apply procedures for conformity assessment
- obtain a certificate/declaration of conformity and make sure that the latter is included in products
- make sure that products bear the EAC mark
In practice, any products coming onto the Customs Union markets (sales outlets and commissioning sites) after customs clearance should include originals / certified copies of certificates/declarations of conformity.
We offer solutions for:
- obtaining certificates/declarations of conformity;
- advising on product labeling, and on documents required for issuing certificates/declarations of conformity;
- organizing and supporting on-site inspections at the point of production by authorized experts;
- testing and analyzing your products at the authorized laboratories;
- developing specifications and reference systems for voluntary certification;
- monitoring of sector-specific regulations
- monitoring of regulations: to pre-ensure that your products conform with all the imposed requirements, for example, prospective analysis of serial production
- providing applicable regulatory documents for your products (translation and comments by our experts)
- consulting regarding the regulatory risk management
Conformity Marking EAC
The products for which the certificate of conformity concerning the chapter No. 6 of the CU TR 001/2011 was obtained have to be marked with the conformity mark "EAC" before their launch on the market. Every product, as well as their user manuals, must be marked with the conformity sign "EAC". It is possible to put the conformity sign "EAC" on the product packaging in case it is impossible to mark the product.
Download the Decree No. 710 issued by the Customs Union Commission on July 15, 2011 (in Russian) regarding the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union CU TR 001/2011 on safety of railway rolling stock.
The text in English and/or French of the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union CU TR 001/2011 on safety of railway rolling stock with comments of CCIS-EXPERTISE experts is available in our e-shop.