CU TR 031/2012 on safety of agricultural and forestry tractors and their trailers - certification and declaration of conformity
Technical Regulation CU TR 031/2012 on agricultural and forestry tractors and trailers thereto: main definitions
Technical Regulation CU TR 031/2012 on agricultural and forestry tractors and trailers thereto adopted in the framework of the Customs Union between Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan by the Decree No. 60 of July 20, 2012 of the Commission of the Customs Union came into force on February 15, 2015.
Scope and relevant products
CU TR 031/2012 establishes requirements for:
- manufactured or imported wheel tractors and crawlers destined for agriculture and forestry, as well as their trailers. Only tractors with the maximum speed not less than 6 km/hour are subject to conformity assessment according to CU TR 031/2012
- manufactured or imported components for tractors and their trailers which have an impact on their safety, such as
- lighting and light-signal devices (back lights, lights of reverse motion, brake signals, turn indicators, far-reaching headlight, dimmers, antifog lights, back antifog lights, parking lights, fixtures for illumination of back license plate)
- light reflecting devices
- back mirrors
- audio signalling devices
- speed limiting devices
- mechanical tractive-coupling devices
A detailed list of components subject to CU TR 031/2012 is indicated in Annex No. 1 of this regulation.
The requirements of CU TR 031/2012 shall not apply to:
- single tractors and trailers produced individually, being a result of a creative process
- tractors with trailers which were manufactured and put into circulation until February 15, 2015 (the date of coming into force of the regulation)
- tractors and trailers being in operation or subject to repair
Prior to launching tractors and their components onto the Customs Union market (currently Eurasian Economic Union market), the manufacturer / representative should:
- comply with the basic health and safety requirements mentioned in the Technical Regulation CU TR 031/2012
- apply procedures for conformity assessment
- obtain conformity documents: certificate of conformity or register the type of vehicle or chassis, as well as make sure that the latter is included in products
- make sure that products bear the EAC mark
In practice, any products coming onto the Customs Union markets (sales outlets and commissioning sites) after customs clearance should include originals / certified copies of certificates of conformity.
We offer solutions for:
- obtaining documents of conformity or registration of type
- advising on product labeling and on documents required for issuing documents of conformity
- organizing and supporting on-site inspections at the point of production by authorized experts
- testing and analyzing your products in authorized laboratories
- developing specifications and reference systems for voluntary certification
- monitoring of sector-specific regulations
- monitoring of regulations: to pre-ensure that your products conform to all imposed requirements. for example: prediction analysis of serial production
- providing applicable regulatory documents for your products (translation and comments by our experts)
- consulting in terms of regulatory risk management
Conformity Marking EAC
The conformity mark "EAC" (EurAsian Conformity) consists of an acronym. It means that the products certified are compliant with the essential health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulations of the Custom Union.
The conformity marking "EAC" is put on tractors and trailers, which have been certified according to CU TR 031/2012 or on the manufacturer’s marking plate, as well as in user manuals.
Download the Decree No. 60 issued by the Customs Union Commission on July 20, 2012 (in Russian) regarding the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union CU TR 031/2012 on agricultural and forestry tractors and trailers thereto.
The text in English and/or French of the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union CU TR 031/2012 on agricultural and forestry tractors and trailers thereto with comments of CCIS-EXPERTISE experts is available in our e-shop.