Technical Regulations CU TR 004/2011 on the safety of low-voltage equipment - certification and declaration of conformity
What document do you need?
Direct your search: consult our tool “GUIDELINES”
Technical Regulations CU TR 004/2011 on the safety of low-voltage equipment: main definitions
Technical Regulations CU TR 004/2011 on the safety of low-voltage equipment in the framework of the Customs Union between Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan by Decree No. 768 of 16/08/2011 of the Commission of the Customs Union returned in force on 15th February 2013.
Scope and relevant products
- Equipment subject to the Declaration and Certification of Conformity are as follows:
- Sanitary ware and parts thereof, of iron or steel;
- Pumps for liquids, whether or not fitted with a measuring device; liquid elevators;
- Air or vacuum pumps, air or other gas compressors and fans; ventilating or recycling hoods incorp
orating a fan, whether or not fitted with filters;
- Refrigerators, freezers and other refrigerating or freezing equipment, electric or other; heat pumps other than air-conditioning machines of heading 8415;
- Centrifuges, including centrifugal dryers; filtering or purifying machinery and apparatus, for liquids or gases;
- Dishwashing machines; machinery for cleaning or drying bottles or other containers; machinery for filling, closing, sealing or labelling bottles, cans, boxes, bags or other containers; machinery for capsuling bottles, jars, tubes and similar containers; other packing or wrapping machinery (including heat-shrink wrapping machinery); machinery;
- Printing machinery used for printing by means of plates, cylinders and other printing components of heading 8442; other printers, copying machines and facsimile machines, whether or not combined; parts and accessories thereof;
- Vacuum cleaners;
- Transmission apparatus for radio-broadcasting or television, whether or not incorporating reception apparatus or sound recording or reproducing apparatus; television cameras, digital cameras and video camera recorders;
- Electrical apparatus for switching or protecting electrical circuits, or for making connections to or in electrical circuits (for example, switches, relays, fuses, surge suppressors, plugs, sockets, lamp holders and other connectors, junction boxes), for a voltage not exceeding 1 000 V; connectors for optical;
- Boards, panels, consoles, desks, cabinets and other bases, equipped with two or more apparatus of heading 8535 or 8536, for electric control or the distribution of electricity, including those incorporating instruments or apparatus of Chapter 90, and numerical control apparatus, other than switching apparatus of heading 8517;
- Time switches, with clock or watch movement or with synchronous motor;
- Festive, carnival or other entertainment articles, including conjuring tricks and novelty jokes.
Prior to launching products/equipment onto the market, the manufacturer / representative should:
- comply with basic health and safety requirements (Technical Regulations CU TR 004/2011)
- apply procedures for evaluation of conformity
- obtain the certificate: declaration of conformity and make sure that the latter is included in products
- make sure that products bear the EAC mark
In practice, any products coming onto the Customs Union markets (sales outlets and commissioning sites) after customs clearance should include originals / certified copies of certificates/declarations of conformity.
We offer solutions for:
- obtaining certificates/declarations of conformity;
- taking advice on product labeling, and on documents required for issuing certificates/declarations of conformity;
- organizing and supporting on-site inspections at the point of production by the authorized experts;
- testing and analyzing your products at the authorized laboratories;
- developing specifications and reference systems for voluntary certification;
- monitoring of sector-specific regulations
- monitoring of regulations: to pre-ensure that your products conform to all imposed requirements. for example: prediction analysis of serial production
- providing applicable regulatory documents for your products (translation and comments by our experts)
- TR conformity marking shall also be affixed visibly on the products and/or the accompanying documents
Conformity Marking EAC
The conformity marking "EAC" consists of an acronym. It means that the products certified to be compliant with the essential health and safety requirements of the Technical Regulations in the Custom Union. It provides access to the free displacement of the machine on the whole territory of the Custom Union
Regulatory reference texts:
The text in English and/or French of the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union CU TR 004/2011 on safety of of low-voltage equipment with comments of CCIS-EXPERTISE experts is available in our e-shop.