Since 4 March 2015, the new technical regulation project of the Eurasian Economic Commission “On limitation of usage of hazardous substances in electronic and radio appliances” is available for discussion and comments. Following the common practice, the project’s text was uploaded to the Single information portal for the development of draft regulations by federal bodies of the Russian Federation, where visitors are welcome to leave their comments. The discussion’s final date is set on 3 April 2015.
The following issues stimulated the development of the TR project:
- Setting of common mandatory norms which limit hazardous elements used in the appliances;
- Setting of special requirements for limiting the implementation of dangerous elements in certain types and groups of electronic appliances and radioelectronics;
- Compliance with the provisions of the Agreement on Common Principles and Rules of Technical Regulation in the Customs Union dated 18th November, 2011;
- Lowering of technical barriers in trade and ensuring the free movement of goods on the territory of the Customs Union;
- Harmonizing of requirements with the norms of Directive 2011/65/EU.