The list of equipment and machinery subject to certification or declaration according to CU TR 010/2011 is going to be amended.
A public discussion started about the draft amendment to the technical regulation of the Customs Union "On the safety of machinery and equipment"» (ТР ТС 010/2011) on January 27, 2020.
The draft amendment has been created for solving 2 big problems which were established during the application of CU TR 010/2011:
- establishing forms, schemes and procedures for assessing the conformity of equipment based on new standard certification and declaration schemes approved by the decision of the Council of the Eurasian economic Commission (EEC) No. 44 of April 18, 2018;
- Bringing the norms of the regulations concerning registration of certificates and declarations in line with the Protocol on technical regulation in the EAEU (Annex No. 9 to the Treaty on the EAEU of May 29, 2014).
Thus, in the new edition it is planned to fully set out several articles of the regulations relating to the assessment of compliance (conformity assessment) of equipment:
- Ensuring compliance with safety requirements (article 6).
- Conformity assessment (article 7)*.
- Procedure for declaring conformity of machines and (or) equipment (article 8).
- Study of the type of machines and (or) equipment (article 9).
- Procedure for certification of machines and (or) equipment (article 10).
Note: * - in the current version, this article is divided into two parts, the Chapter "confirmation of compliance" is article 8. In the draft changes, these articles are combined, that’s why the numbering changed accordingly.
The draft amendment includes a unified approach to the implementation of conformity assessment in the EAEU, including the analysis of evidence materials, identification and sampling of products, production evaluation, issuance, suspension or termination of conformity assessment documents, their storage and quality control.
The public review of the document should end on April 10, 2020.