Decision No. 168 of December 5, 2017 of the Council of the Eurasian Commission on the list of information relating to documents attesting the conformity of products that may be requested by the customs offices of the Member States of the Eurasian Economic Union and the order of presentation of such information was officially published on December 7, 2017.
It means that starting from January 7, 2017 customs offices are able to get access to the information about:
- conformity certificates and declarations registered according to the technical regulations of the Customs/Eurasian Union
- conformity certificates and declarations for products included in the single list of products subject to mandatory conformity assessment and delivered under a single form
In particular, the following information about certificates and declarations can be obtained:
- registration number and date, document’s validity
- name of the applicant and producer, their headquarters and business address
- name of the certification authority or accredited certification body
- name of the CEO, of experts of the certification authority (valid for certificates of conformity)
- information about the products (designation, applicable technical regulation(s), etc.)
- information about the documents attesting the conformity of products according to the requirements in force
- status of the certificate/declaration
- information about annexes to the certificate/declaration
Customs offices can obtain the above-mentioned information by placing a special request.
The Decision No. 168 of December 5, 2017 of the Council of the Eurasian Commission is planned to come into force 30 days after its official publication.