On 9 February 2015 a public debate was initiated regarding the changes to the procedure of industrial safety expertise. The amendments are going to be introduced to a number of federal standards and acts which were approved by the order of Rostekhnadzor No. 538 dated 14 November 2013. The reason for the revision of the current wording lies in the fact that some of the provisions like law enforcement practice and definitions need to be made more specific.
Amendments to the rules of industrial safety expertise
The first amendment touches upon the objects of expertise. Thus, no expertise needs to be carried out in case there is a limit-exceeding deformation of buildings and constructions.
The main changes concern the qualifications of experts who are involved into the procedure of industrial safety expertise. Several categories of experts are planned to be introduced:
- Expert of the 1st category with work experience of not less than 10 years and participation in not less than 15 expertise procedures.
- Expert of the 2nd category with work experience of not less than 7 years and participation in not less than 10 expertise procedures.
- Expert of the 3rd category with work experience of not less than 5 years and participation in not less than 10 expertise procedures.
Besides, the experts will have to fulfill the following requirements:
- Higher technical or scientific education;
- Knowledge of laws and other legislative acts of the Russian Federation, technical documents regarding the industrial safety expertise of hazardous industrial objects, means of measurement, test equipment, methods of technical diagnosis of technical appliances and inspection of buildings and constructions.
- Not less than 10 publications (not less than 5 for an expert of the 3rd category) about industrial safety in scientific magazines.
NB The industrial safety expertise of industrial objects included in hazard group I can be carried out only by the experts of the 1st category. The expertise of industrial objects from hazard group II can be handled by additionally involving the experts of the 2nd category. Finally, industrial objects standing in hazard groups III and IV can be expected by the experts of all categories.
It is important to mention that from now on the conclusion of industrial safety expertise will no longer include appendixes with a list of legal acts which were used during the expertise nor technical documents, test reports or certificates.
The final public discussion of amendments the rules of industrial safety expertise is going to be held on 11 March 2015.