In 2021, companies willing to export consumer goods and industrial equipment on the Eurasian market (Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Kyrgyzstan) should take into account the following two changes:
1. Mandatory indication of GLN (Global Location Number) and GTIN numbers as part of the conformity assessment procedure according to the Decree No. 877 of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation.
2. From July 1, 2021 the applicant must provide the GLN (Global Location Number) of the foreign manufacturer when registering EAC declarations of conformity.
According to the International Organization for Standardization GS21, "the GLN is a unique code that helps identify physical locations or legal entities of companies: headquarters, factories, warehouses, etc." GLNs are recognized worldwide. If you are not yet a member, you can join GS1 France in order to obtain the GLN of your company" by registering online at the following link.
Until July 1, 2021, the indication of GLN and GTIN numbers remains optional, which means that manufacturers not having theses codes will be able to continue to export their goods on the Eurasian market. Foreign companies should obtain and register GTIN and GLN codes in the system by July 1, 2021 or earlier if they already have them.
Under the Decree No. 478 of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation dated July 31, 2020, from January 1, 2021 the applicant becomes the only entity that can directly register, without a certification body, the declarations of conformity for all technical regulations in force except for the following:
For products complying with the above listed standards, the applicant must address to accredited certification bodies to register the EAC declarations.
As before, the registration takes place on the official website of the Federal Accreditation Service in the dedicated section - Service for the registration of declarations of conformity. The purpose of this changeover is to accelerate the registration of conformity documents (EAC declarations).
Please note that the procedures of sample sending and laboratory testing remain compulsory since information on testing results must be included in conformity documents during the registration procedure.
To be able to register declarations, the applicant should take the following administrative steps:
1. Register as a legal entity on the Gosuslugi.ru portal (the national portal of public and municipal services of the Russian Federation);
2. Obtain an official electronic signature in one of the certified and accredited centers located in Russia;
3. Download and install a plug-in to register declarations of conformity (EAC declarations) using an electronic signature.
Once signed, the registered declarations can be found in the public part of the Register of Declarations of Conformity on the official website of the Federal Accreditation Service.
Since 2014, CCIS-EXPERTISE has been offering the applicant service to foreign companies in order to ensure a smooth procedure of a registration of EAC declarations of conformity.
* From February 15, 2021, declarations for this Technical Regulation are also registered by the applicant (commentary provided by CCIS Expertise).